The Association of Consumer Support Organisations (ACSO) Code of Ethics is intended to create a shared and consistent culture between ACSO and all of its members. Making a public commitment to high ethical standards serves to reduce operational risk and provides guidance to contractors and business partners. In addition, the Code ensures ACSO and its members distance themselves from unethical practices and helps insulate them from reputational risk.
The Code is a framework of ethical and professional principles, designed to promote the core principles of ACSO and its members: access to justice; accountability; equality and diversity; integrity; leadership; and transparency.
By adhering to the Code, members will:
- Protect and advance the rights of consumers in the civil justice system;
- Help ensure the very highest industry standards are upheld;
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism and integrity in their conduct with consumers, other members and third parties;
- Help promote and deliver the objectives of ACSO; and
- Do nothing to jeopardise the reputation of ACSO, its members or its work.
If you require further information on how the ACSO Code of Ethics applies to your organisation, or if you wish to raise a concern or make a complaint, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.